Jen Shah has faced many accusations for many crimes. But what of the cast members and producers in her orbit, who’ve hung around her like carrion vultures desperate for every last scrap of rotted flesh? This week, we look into all the ways people like Heather Gay, Meredith Marks, and Andy Cohen have desperately clung to her rapidly ascending public profile, ensuring screentime and enriching the network they both work for.
- Reality Show Cast Members Charged With Running Nationwide Telemarketing Fraud Scheme [Justice.gov]
- ‘Real Housewives of Salt Lake City’ star Jen Shah pleads guilty in wire fraud case [NBC]
- Chris Wallace Grills Andy Cohen On ‘The Real Housewives’ & Hoping ‘RHOSLC’ Star Jen Shah Got No Jail Time Despite Guilty Plea In Fraud Case [Deadline]
- Andy Cohen clarifies controversial Jen Shah ‘no jail time’ comment [Page Six]
- Andy Cohen Doesn’t Think Jen Shah Will Be Back for ‘RHOSLC’ Season 4: ‘Talk to the Judge’ [Us Weekly]
- Sentencing [Inner City Press]
- RHOSLC’s Jen Shah Reacts to Suspicions She Gave Heather Gay a Black Eye as She Slams Made for TV Narrative [Reality Blurb]
- Andy Cohen Addresses Jen Shah’s Sentencing [Youtube]
- Jen Shah Rejects Bravo’s Invite To ‘The Real Housewives Of Salt Lake City’ Reunion Ahead Of Fraud Case Sentencing [Deadline]
- Heather Gay, Meredith Marks React to Claims Jen Shah Crashed BravoCon, Discuss Lisa Barlow’s Emotions Over Plea [Us Weekly]
- ‘RHOSLC’ star Heather Gay knew Jen Shah’s business was ‘unsavory’ [Page Six]
- ‘RHOSLC’s’ Heather Gay Finally Admits to Thinking Jen Shah Is Guilty: ‘I Am Overwhelmed with Grief’ [People]
- Leaked messages about Coach [Twitter]
Hosted by journalists Joan Summers and Matthew Lawson, Eating For Free is a weekly podcast that explores gossip and power in the pop culture landscape: Where it comes from, who wields it, and who suffers at the hands of it. Find out the stories behind the stories, as together they look beyond the headlines of troublesome YouTubers or scandal-ridden A-Listers, and delve deep into the inner workings of Hollywood’s favorite pastime. The truth, they’ve found, is definitely stranger than any gossip.