Which celebrities ate Rick Caruso’s assh*le during an extremely spooky L.A. mayoral race? We dive deep into Hollywood’s election meddling in the city of angels… and everywhere else! Most notably: Pennsylvania’s hotly debated Senate race between global eating disorder merchant Dr. Oz and local “guys being dudes” hero John Fetterman! As always, there’s a darker story hidden beneath the flurry of election headlines this week. A story of gentrification, of property developers and pigs, of celebrities and their twisted financial investments. Let’s dig in!
- Oprah rejects her protégé Dr. Oz and backs Democrat John Fetterman in Pa. senate race [NPR]
- Mehmet Oz Responds to Oprah’s Endorsement of Opponent John Fetterman: ‘She and I Have Different Politics’ (Video) [Yahoo]
- Inside the Star-Studded Rivalry Dividing Los Angeles (Oct. 24) [Town and Country]
- Karen Bass Rolls Out More Celebrity Endorsers in Race for L.A. Mayor [Variety]
- Chris Pratt joins celebrities to endorse Rick Caruso for LA mayor [NYP]
- Tweets: Who Are Celebrities Endorsing for LA Mayor [LA Mag]
- The L.A. mayor’s race has rich celebrities backing a pro-police billionaire [MSNBC]
- NBC News
Hosted by journalists Joan Summers and Matthew Lawson, Eating For Free is a weekly podcast that explores gossip and power in the pop culture landscape: Where it comes from, who wields it, and who suffers at the hands of it. Find out the stories behind the stories, as together they look beyond the headlines of troublesome YouTubers or scandal-ridden A-Listers, and delve deep into the inner workings of Hollywood’s favorite pastime. The truth, they’ve found, is definitely stranger than any gossip.
You can also find us on our website, Twitter, and Instagram. Or buy our merch! Any personal, business, or general inquires can be sent to email@example.com
Leave a Reply